Friday, November 23, 2007

A very thrilling rainy day!!

Rains are something i am so thrilled about. But this was a very different experience..the day of my exam.The down pour of rainfall started at about six in the morning and was really very heavy with thunderstorms. I was expecting the rains to come down a bit but there was no sign of improvement. The biggest problem in my area is that we will not find a single auto passing by when there is torrential rains. This day was no exception. I started few mins earlier itself to catch the bus and found no autos as expected. If it was any other normal day i would have just left and stayed off home better than going to college.But its the day of university exam and can take no risk. Came back rushing home and called few of the known auto drivers, but none of them could come to my rescue because of their non availability.

The next attempt was to ask help from my cousin,but because of the heavy downpour he was hesitant to get his vehicle out as it had technical faults. Every thing was going against me. By then the clock had already past eight few mins. I was stranded with out any solution with all fear in my mind. Then my cousin tried his level best to find if some one could come and drop me, and by god s grace we found a tourist vehicle who halted and offered to drop me on the GST road where in lot of my college buses pass by. If at all i happen to miss my bus ,usually i come down to GST road and catch another bus,which is a very rare phenomenon though .Ithought "ok,i am relieved off all the tensions for the day "and tried to keep my cool without knowing i had few more hindrances ahead of me.

Around eight buses passed by and none halted. I was trying to halt all the buses by waving my id card. I was in a very miserable state with my umbrella flying off and broken.Completely got drenched ,including my bag ,hall ticket. Started shivering with cold and to my relief at last the ninth bus halted and i got in.Was dripping in water and totally struck with cold. Reached college really very late because of al l the heavy traffic and could not even get the time to dry myself. I went to write my exams all drenched and through out was shivering. In fact with high difficulty was holding my pen and writing, since my hands were shaking because of the extreme cold.It was indeed a very different and thrilling experience of my life!!

1 comment:

ViJaY said...

Oh.. IP exam anikku ivlo nadandhrukka??? Great experience indeed!!! Atleast the good thing was tht u did ur exams well inspite of all these hurdles... Btw, en bloglayum konjam comment pannalaam...