Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Beloved Pappu(Snowy)


Dogs and cats have always been my favorites when it comes to breeding pets. Though i have never had the chance to have one in my home town ,because of my mom's disliking for pets..i got the very opportunity to spend time with pets when i moved down to this city. I was residing with my aunt and family, where we had a cutie spitz..Snowy(pappu)..which was like around 4 yrs old when i had come down here. He was really huge and snow white doggy and a ferocious one. Initially when i was new to the place,..i still remember, everytime i used to enter and exit the house, snowy would be the one sending off me and greeting me in , with his loud barks. At the first site i was really very scared.When snowy was an year old or so ...i had come along with my family for a vacation to chennai and we resided at my aunt's place. My younger sister too has the passion for dogs just like me. She wanted to feed the dog with bun and tried to play around with it's food. Ultimately she had to reap the bitterness for her stupid act. She got bitten very badly by snowy and the scar is still visible on her hand till date.

Pappu has been the pet of every member in our family. Pappu was got to chennai from delhi by my cousin, when she had been on a trip there. It was her gift from her friends , because of her all time passion and craze for DOGS!!She would do anything for him and she has gone all extends for protecting her pet. Though initially pappu was too ferocious with me, with in a very short period got so closer to me. Everyday when i used to enter home from college he will wag his tail so much in happiness and would want me to come and caress him. He was the best guard for our colony. Very sharp,intelligent and loving. An year back due to shifting of location and few other dumb reasons, we had to leave our pappu with a care taker. This fellow runs an exclusive home for Dogs in the ECR . I could not believe that there are such good souls existing who really care for animals and love them beyond horizons,admist their busy schedule. Even if people are rich enough ,not many would have the will and wish to do such a kind act. Hats off to you sir!!

Pappu had a very different life for an year before his very sudden demise in the beginning of this month. We were not informed about this until Yesterday. So shocked and grieve struck about the sudden death of our dearest pet. We have really no words to express. Just Few days back we were planning to get back pappu in the month of january back home. But before that god took off his soul from this heavenly body. My cousin who had all the plans set for building a new canal for him..is totally lost in depression.May our Pappu's soul rest in peace!!:(:(:(

3 comments:

ViJaY said...

First of all, i doubt whether there is any language in which there is a transliteration for Snowy as Pappu... Ok.. anyways... 2mins mouna anjali to pappu alias snowy...

P.S. There!!! You hav got one more reason to cry!!!

harish said...

nice looking doggie

SIDDHARTH said...

cha pavam..its always sad when the one we love departs!