Thursday, January 3, 2008

An amazing trip indeed!!

After a gap of almost an year i went to my home town ,Mumbai. I was so excited to get back home after an year ,that too with ten days in my hand to spend my entire time with my family. This trip of mine was so very different from the others though. I cherished every moment of mine out there with my family and my good old loving friends forever. I got to spend two weekends there , with almost covering every part of the city. I visited like almost so many temples, few of them which i have never visited in 18 yrs of my life at mumbai. The significant temples being the Balaji temple at Nerul and the Mumba devi Temple in South mumbai,supposedly the goddess of the City.I visited the Gate way of india almost after a gap of 7yrs. Felt really very good. I spent my other spare time there by watching some good movies at home and some amount of blogging. The marine drive or Queen's necklace as it is called as,was fully lit up for the new year and christmas. It was indeed a treat to our eyes.



The movies that i saw there included Billa and Taare Zameen par, which really touched me to the core. This movie is a must watch for all the parents, which would really enlighten them. I spent a good amount of time with my Family ,by going to temples, late night long drives, shopping and eat Outs. The eve of new year i spent with my gang of friends from school that included venky,sid, rahul,smrithi,jyothi,dipti, gayathri and cathrine and all of us met up at venky's place. We relished the gajar halwa made by his mom with Taare Zameen Par on the home Screen. So i got to see the movie twice. And ofcourse i did cry a lot, uncontrollable tears poured out with emotions filled in.

The new years day after spending the morning with my parents, afternoon i set out to meet my Jr.collge friends. It comprised of Shriharsh,Swapnil,mANsi,Priyanka and myself. We had Domino's Pizza and then spent a good amount of time at Cafe Coffee day, with so much of butterflies running in our stomach after listening to Some confidential things with regard to Shriharsh. He made our day the best,with all blushes on his face. We ragged him to the core ,beyond limits. New Year's night ,dined out with shalini,Uthara,shasi, shruthika,all of them being my neighborhood friends along with my sister.


And today me back to chennai, with all heavy feelings in my heart and really good moments to relish for the next few months . Home is where the heart is...says one good old saying. My heart is ever in mumbai,with my family and i really love them soooooooooo much. Miss U mom!! When i left this morning from home, all were in to tears. Last evening i had to console my mom so much. In fact this has never happened before in the last three years visits, but this time the harmony was sooo much inherent between us, we just could not control our emotional Quotients. Hoping to get back soon.

1 comment:

Mahesh said...

nice to see you maintaining contacts with all your school frens till now... really it must have been a great time to cherish ever!

I must thank u for making this trip poss as this gave me an opp to talk to ya mom..
Keep rockin bhaabi!