Friday, April 13, 2007

My long time desire!!

My long time desire to start up with a blog,today have accomplished it.Penning down one's thoughts is the best way to keep it alive.I have had lot of instances in my life when i have felt the need of putting my thoughts on to written form.I believe ,as a blogger can optimize it better.My best buddy is my inspirer as far as blogging is concerned.Writing is an art by itself.
Now i am at the start of preparations for a torrential rider.... my University Examinations..which is scheduled just a month from now.As usual in search of my books..in fact need to purchase them..lol!!Ofcourse the Practical exams scheduled for the following week.Everything in a mess.We had this so called "communication skills" lab yesterday.The first session in the morning was interesting with a Group discussion and "JAM"(Just a minute) in which we could talk about any crap of our choice.The topic for the group discussion was "Is the western culture really influencing and intervening in to our Rich Indian Tradition".There began a hot discussion of the topic.
I spoke against it..infact the only one among the lot to have spoken against it.We had about 10 min s of it with eleven members of my class.Every one presented their views and opinions well.Surprisingly one guy(i would not like to name him)who seldom speaks english was at his best.I felt this kind of a curriculum activity really would help in bringing out people who are in to the nut shell.Some thing really worthwhile that the university has included in its so called academic curriculum.If you look deep in to it you would realise its all absolute zilch.Nothing really is very interesting or fascinating about the subjects we deal with.The worst part is coding and stuff.Anyways got to be doing that my life time as a Software Engineer[fate!!].
The "Jam" session was equivalently good.People spoke on varied topics ranging from education system in India,Youth development,cell phone bans,etc,etc.Then came my turn before even i could realise.First at the start of the session had plans on speaking about my all time passion"MUSIC ".Suddenly when they called out my name i dont know something in me said talk about yoga and Vedanta.Yoga has helped me a lot in balancing myself mentally.Even though i dont practice it religiously Time and now i take up few aasanaas whenever i feel really stressed out both mentally and physically. Today's youth really are stressed out with their hectic life schedules.It would play a vital role in striking a balance between work n one's personal life.Ispoke few points stressing on the need of yoga and vedanta in man's life.
The second session was an online listening and reading comprehension skills test.I would term it as an insult to any professional student.It was equivalent to a fifth grade level.The listening skills was an absolute local slang.My friend in the next division who has her exams today asks me last night.."was it british or american slang?"had a good laugh.It was 45 mins test.I was the second person to come off the lab by completing it less the half of the alloted time .Overall a very boring day with a bit of sense making stuff in the morning session.

9 comments:

Ramanujam said...

Good that u started a blog...Congrats for that and also for the amazing first post!

True as u said, Communication lab was nothing but mere fun. We should have had it in the first semester.... At least it would have made some sense for some ppl. Good fact is anna univ is trying to do something different!!!

gayathri said...

finally u too started blogging....congo sis.

ViJaY said...

Good start to the innings!!! Wish u to go on to make a century or more...

R..Bala said...

A good blogger on the rise.Gud command over english.......Keep going
buddy..

R..Bala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gayathri said...

hey teach me some of those tactful skills in blogging gal!!!u were to good !!

Vamsee said...

Nice to see you as a blogger.

Communication lab was boring to the core but we had a nice time with our friends, for this at least we need to appreciate ANNA Univ.

JAYASHRI said...

thanks babbu...its all the encouragement frm ur side that urged me to start up wid blog

Padma said...

Hey pretty good blog....keep posting...don't loose your momentum...all the best...